Monday, October 25, 2010

life imitates sesame street...

So, I was browsing some sesame street videos. Yeah, yeah yeah, I know i really need to get over my elmo obsession. 


But I realized that even though I have "grown up" (sort of) Sesame Street is still relevant in my life.  


SESAME STREET vs. MY JOB


Oh doogie, I think I was hired at the wrong company.  We are way behind the times.
I didn't know that all I needed was a pair of fairy wings and a broadway singing voice.
I could have the entire fall collection done in a snap.


SESAME STREET vs. PERSONAL APPEARANCE

It's taken me all of my life to finally love my hair. And just for the record I have worn my hair "up", "down", "twisted all around".  Yup, braids and pigtails too.  And "in barettes" and "flying free".   I'm convinced that someone at the Jim Henson workshop found pictures of me as a child and molded this little girl after me.  I have finally found my muppet twin.

SESAME STREET vs. MY MARRIAGE

kissing, hugging, friends, helping....yup that pretty much sums it up.  Grover may have left out a few crucial elements but he got the basics....good enough for me.  Maybe the US government should watch this.

SESAME STREET vs. MY DIET

enough said

SESAME STREET vs. PERSONAL HYGIENE

OK, so I don't smell like a monster.  But this is hilarious and I had to share it!


So, thank you Sesame Street for still teaching me a thing or two.

**If you can not view the videos above follow the below links:
My Job: Shoe Fairy
My Marriage: Grover on Marriage
My Diet:C is for Cookie
My Personal Appearance: I love my hair
My Personal Hygiene: Smell like a monster


No comments:

Post a Comment